My List of 100 Things
It feels like I haven't really posted much except pictures of my girls so here goes a list of 100 things about me that you might not know...
1) I often dream about winning the lottery and how I would spend the money.
2) It always involves schemes on how I would use the money to have my family all live in one city.
3) I've been using the same 6 numbers on 6-49 since 1992. I still haven't won big, I should think about changing those numbers.
4) I'm eating a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal as I write this blog.
5) James and I had wanted to eat cheap Ramen noodles or instant Thai noodles right now but we were both too lazy to make it.
6) I feel quite lazy most of the time.
7) I like doing laundry.
8) I love ironing. Especially while watching TV.
9) I hate cleaning the bathroom.
10) The day the girls were born was hands down the BEST day of my life.
11) I feel so blessed every day that Alex and Rachel are in my life.
12) I cried so hard when I said goodbye to my niece Romy when I moved out west back in 1999.
13) I love any type of Asian food. Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, you get the idea.
14) But I equally love any type of pasta dish.
15) I miss my grandma's Korean cooking.
16) My grandma lived with us and she used to wake up at 5am every morning to cook a hot Korean breakfast for my dad & our family.
17) I used to hate taking piano lessons but am very thankful now that my parents made me.
18) I wish that I had a piano in our house now. I think it would be very therapeutic for me.
19) I also want Santa to buy me a telescope.
20) I'm almost finished my Christmas shopping. Wrapping and all.
21) I'm so excited for Christmas this year. I can't wait for the kids to open their presents and experience all the magic of Christmas.
22) I've been listening to James Blunt's CD for the last 2 weeks.
23) I'm listening to "Private Dancer" by Tina Turner right now.
24) James just opened up a Gmail account for me. It makes me happy and ticked off at the same time.
25) Ticked off because he mass emailed my new address out to everyone without even consulting me.
26) Happy because I've wanted a gmail account but never got around to opening it up.
27) I never understood loneliness when I was younger.
28) The older I get, I understand it more and more.
29) I'm kind of anal about things.
30) I don't like tatoos or body piercings.
31) I try to be open minded with everyone regardless of age, race, etc...
32) Both my kids are asleep right now.
33) Alex fell asleep in a few minutes with no fuss.
34) It took Rachel about an hour to fall asleep. And only because I massaged her back, feet, hands, and head until she finally fell asleep.
35) I want to get cosmetic surgery done (namely a boob job) but am frightened by the consequences to my health.
36) I want to fly out to Ottawa to see my new nephew, Hudson.
37) But don't want to leave my kids, even if it's for a few days.
38) And the thought of travelling with the 2 kids alone, bringing 2 carseats and renting a car doesn't sound too appealing.
39) The craziest thing I ever did in my life was putting a sleeping pill in my boss' coffee when I was working in Korea. (It was my cousin's idea....I Swear) We did this because my cousin and I never got a day off together and we thought if my boss was out of commission we could hang out all day together. I think this one needs more clarification in a later post.
40) The 2nd craziest thing I ever did was borrow/steal? my boss' car in Korea and drive my cousin, myself and I from the city of Taejon all the way to Seoul in the middle of the night to go to the night markets to shop all night long. Crazy because none of us knew which direction to drive, and we didn't sleep all night, I was falling asleep driving back and then we arrived 15 minutes before we had to start work in the morning. But boy, did we shop! This too was my cousin's idea.
41) When I think of the crazy things I used to do, I feel old now.
42) I miss living in Montreal.
43) The bakeries there are sooooooooo fantastic. hahahah I know who will be rolling their eyes at this one.
44) I love chocolate especially chocolate cake with icing.
45) James keeps interrupting me while I write this list. Arghh.
46) I drive a gold minivan.
47) I didn't have my period for 3 years in a row when I was pregnant with the twins and then when I was nursing them. That was fantastic.
48) I nursed the twins until they were a little over 2 years old. I never thought I would even make it to the 3 month mark.
49) The first year of their lives is still a blur to me. I was soooooooooo tired all the time.
50) I LOVE hearing the girls have conversations with each other and love watching them play together. So so so sweet.
51) I sometimes wish I was pregnant again with another baby.
52) We just burned a copy of the movie Cars. I kind of feel bad about it because stealing is stealing, right?
53) The girls won't watch Cars because it frightens them. Weird.
54) I love purses. Leather ones. Any color.
55) I love getting deals on things. I got these party shoes for $20 last week. Yeah.
56) But then I spent $150 on earrings and bracelets and still feel crappy about it. Yes, I feel ripped off. Costume jewellery that I needed for an event I went to on Saturday night. I didn't realized how much they were and when the cashier rang them up I was too embarassed to tell her that I didn't want them. Small town...she would have thought I was strange.
57) I wish I didn't care about what other people thought as much as I do.
58) I wish I wasn't so introverted.
59) I'm an awesome parallel parker. I always joke with my mom while I'm parking that I should be a professional parker. OK...I know I'm a little wacky.
60) I'm a middle child.
61) I think middle children have some serious issues. Anyone out there agree?
62) My older sister is only 2 years older than I am but she has always been way more mature than me.
63) When we were growing up, I used to wake her up EVERY night in the middle of the night to go with me to the bathroom, because I was scared.
64) She came with me every time without any complaint.
65) My younger sister has always been so much more independent/stronger than me.
66) One memory that I have of her is when we were in the hospital with my grandma and I couldn't bare to be in the room when my grandma had to get an IV inserted in her arm, but my younger sister stayed with her and held her hand.
67) I'm so thankful that she did this.
68) My mother is an extremely strong person and very talented and I love talking to her everyday on the phone.
69) My dad has always helped us with our homework, our science projects, made the best Halloween decorations, and taught me how to read Korean.
70) James is my best friend. He's the only one who really knows everything about me.
71) It's really hard coming up with 100 things... I don't know if I am going to make it.
72) My girls paint me a picture almost everyday.
73) They are honestly such beautiful pictures of rainbows, flowers, rain, people, Strawberry Shortcake, etc.....
74) Do all people think their kids are geniuses? Because I do.
75) I've had my dog, Tobi for 7 years now.
76) He barks way too much when someone comes over. But he's usually quiet 95% of the time.
77) I only walk him once a day in the morning.
78) I wish I had the time to walk him more often.
79) I think the only person who will read all 100 things is my mom.
80) I LOVE LOVE ABBA. Especially Dancing Queen.
81) I used to wish that I was one of those girls in those videos on the Karoke machines. You know, in those cheesy music videos where they are running in a field, or riding a horse near the ocean, etc.....
82) I've never sang Karoke but it's always been a fantasy of mine.
83) I have a terrible voice.
84) One day, I will get so drunk that I will actually sing Karoke in public.
85) I'm such a homebody that when my parents surprised me with a trip to Paris when I was 16 years old, I didn't want to go!
86) I hate anything perfumy.
87) But I think that when I go out somewhere fancy, I should wear some fragrance.
88) I have this free little sample of perfume in my makeup bag that I have been using/wearing for 7 years whenever I go somewhere fancy and think I need perfume. I can't remember the name of it.
89) I thought that perfume loses it's smell after time but it still smells the same to me.
90) I wore it last Saturday night. Dabbed a little behind my ears and had to roll down the windows in the car while we drove to the event because the smell was so strong and giving me a headache.
91) I'm extremely clausterphobic.
92) One time when I was a little child, I woke up panicky in the backseat of the car and tried to open the door to my parent's car to escape while we were driving on the highway because I was clausterphobic.
93) I don't know how to smoke a cigarette. My cousin (a different cousin) tried to teach me one time but I didn't 'get' it. It just burned my throat.
94) I'm a very impatient person.
95) If I was super duper duper rich, I would hire someone to give me a foot rub each and every night.
96) I want to be more fit.
97) I want to be that person who is a good friend.
98) I don't know what I want to 'be' when I grow up.
99) I have never been as happy as I am now being mama to my precious girls.
100) I know this sounds corny, but the thing I pray for the most is PEACE.
5 comments:
I read all 100 things, and I still love you! You brought tears to my eyes which is hard to explain when you are at work...
Victor has now taken over your role of requesting my presence when he goes to the bathroom in the middle of the night...
Victor is also a middle child and very similar to you; I plan to make sure that he grows up happy and secure in whatever he does!
I love you 100 times (and more)!!
xoxoxoxoxoxo
I also read all 100 things and also have tears in my eyes!!! That list is amazing...i can't believe you said you have your period...that's MY "thing"...
Sorry guys, it's not suppose to make you tear up.
Yes, I can't believe how similar Victor and I are. And when I wrote about my period, I was thinking about you Joyce.
i am soooo sorry for many things contless times I didn;t realized what my children wanted from me as young girls like you and your sisters , when I looked back those days as a first generation immigrant,my corncern was how we manage daily life better fitted with this western society .mamma;s poor excuse?
I am sending my love to you and your family .
Audrey, great post, but I actually just read it today (Dec 3). Something weird with Blogger. Anyhow, how long did it take you? Lot of work and effort and I feel I know you more. Thank you. I did read all 100 too! I loved the ones about your crazy antics with your cousin. You're diabolical and I LOVE that! Made me laugh and I would love to hear more about that! Sounds crazy and fun! I agree your girls are geniuses - that has never been disputed (they are legends in Calgary already). Perfumes also give me a headache, hence why I wear Victoria Secret body splash - not as bad headaches and I'm always complimented. I also agree middle kids have problems, and I'm the youngest. But I don't think you have a lot of problems, just the middle child in my family is strangely weird. But, then again, so is the eldest. Maybe I'm the one who's least normal. Yes, stealing is stealing, but can I borrow "Cars?" ;) I love that you love your family and get along so well with them. Sweet stories.
Post a Comment