Want some Smarties?So it's been 4 weeks now and the girls still don't like their ballet class. So after paying for the classes, then buying their ballet outfits and excitedly anticipating Saturday morning ballet classes....it's turned out a little different then I expected.
The first class both girls were soooooooooo shy and were crying that I had to participate in the class with them for them to feel comfortable. Which isn't bad except for the fact that every other parent had their camcorder on and was recording their children along with me in this class. And we were running around galloping on our pretend horses. Very embarassing. And it's been like this for the past few weeks. Last week, James took the girls and they both cried and clung onto him the entire time while he sat in the dance studio sitting on a little stool. On an embarassment scale of 1 to 10 he said that it was about a 9! So this week, I had to bribe my kids to go to ballet class. I told them if they went to class and didn't cry and listened to the teacher, then I would let them have a whole entire box of smarties. Rachel wouldn't be bribed and said that she wasn't going so she stayed home with James. Alex, on the other hand, got dressed and we went off to ballet class. And she did WONDERFUL! She listened to the teacher and danced/pranced around the dance studio. YEAH!!! I was so happy to see her dancing on her own. As soon as the class finished she ran to me and asked....can I have the smarties now? So we went to the store and bought some Halloween size chocolate and she finished off her mini box of Smarties. :) So bribery DOES work. And here is a picture of Alex proudly showing off her note and sticker that she got from her ballet teacher.

After a pretty busy Saturday morning running around we got to relax this afternoon playing in the backyard.

6 comments:
good jobs done !!!
Thanksgiving weekend....
May God bless you and all family.
Those pictures are awesome! They look so happy! I thought it was funny that you bribed with a WHOLE BOX of smarties, and then gave her a Halloween size one...that's such a rip off!
What a funny story! I LOVED Alex's little ballet outfit. They are too cute. I am glad to hear that bribery still works in this day and age :)
I love your children's photo on the bloggs.
I could picture them how they dance , miss them lots .
halmonei
Update your blog!! :)
Aud,
It's Jess here, Joycie's friend, I linked to your blog from hers. Anyway, I was dying of laughter when I read this because Peyton is doing the same thing in her "kinderdance" dance class. (Doesn't want to go, clings on to me, only participates if I do it with her). Last week when I left the teacher advised us that next week all the parents get to watch and I thought, "Great, they'll get to see my pregnant butt jumping across the room, etc." Anyways, just wanted you to know that you're not alone.....Jess
Post a Comment