Thursday, October 12, 2006

Momma Wants Cake!

Momma wants cake so we all made chocolate cake from scratch today. YEAH! It was the first chocolate cake that I ever made from scratch and it turned out fantastic. YUMMY!
So while I was pulling out all the ingredients that I needed, the girls started drumming a beat on the flour container, sugar container and table. It was great fun.

This picture of the girls hugging is hilarious because they were hugging and thanking each other for making such a fantastic cake. Seriously. Their exact words were....Thank you Rachel/Alex for the best cake ever.... and they would continue to hug.

I had to include a picture of this masterpiece. The piece de resistance is the jube jubes of course.

7 comments:

Joyce said...

YUM! Looks so tasty!!! I love the picture of them hugging...so cute.

Anonymous said...

you are soooooo lucky to have such great helpers , and they are soooo cute.

their hugging and thanking each others are most beautiful graces.

lovely and lovely .

Anonymous said...

wonderful picture !!
and yammy cake,
Also sweet monent.
Hug and thanking which we have to practice everyday.

May God bless you all.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Martha Stewart! and you thought you would be bored at home...
I love the picture of the girls' hugging; you are teaching your girls well to be positive thinkers!

The next time you are in Montreal, I expect the same cake!!

xoxoxo

Shannon said...

I howled when I saw the name of this posting "Mama Wants Chocolate Cake!" Don't you dare blame this latest eating disorder on me leaving you!! :) That cake looks amazing and so high! It's like a wedding cake! And those jube-jubes are perfection! That photo of the girls is so sweet - you should use those as your Christmas card! I miss those crazy giggle pusses! Looks like a fabulously fun day! We should all have some of those!!

Shannon said...

I'd like to put my Christmas cookie order in please. I'd like a dozen sugar cookies, a dozen gingerbread cookies and a dozen jam-jam cookies. Please send to my address on file and bill me later.

Kaili said...

YUMMY!!! I want some!!! I love what they say these days, so hilarious!!! Cotton? I think not!