Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Happy Birthday Halmonie!

It's my mama's birthday today. And for the first time in years we are not together celebrating it. Just by coincidence in the last three years, she's been here visiting during the summer months and I always joke that we've started this tradition where she celebrates my birthday with me in July and then I celebrate her birthday in August 'cause of course I'm her favorite daughter. I usually mention this to my sister Joyce a zillion times to see if she's bothered by it. Really immature sister teasing stuff that I think Joyce has outgrown but I still find amusing. But not this year. :( But she is coming soon to visit us so we can have a special dinner when you get here. :)


Mama, I'm happy that you had a great day with your 3 grandkids in Montreal. I love the fun stories you told me about the day that you had with them.




As you can all see from these pictures, my mama is happiest when she is feeding her grandkids. Even more so when she has made the food from scratch with lots of love and the kids eat up everything and tell her that she is the best cook. That makes her the happiest halmonie on the block. Oh ya, and second favorite thing would be if her kids went to church for Sunday mass. We'll work on that one. :)

I love you very much and I can't wait to see you! Happy Birthday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, I am waiting this site be my favotite. I am here two times a day.
How's your new house?
I want to see more pictures.

Anonymous said...

Yes Audrey, you are so right about how easy it is for Mom to be happy - eat up all her food with a smile!
Victor keeps saying that his papa should open a restaurant and serve crepes in the morning, Halmonie's korean soups and bulgogi for lunch then finish back with his papa's ribs for supper...
Love the pictures of your "babies"
xoxoxo

Kaili said...

Happy birthday Halmonie!
Have you found your notebook? :)

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Halmonie! I hope you had a wonderful day with your family! All the best, Shannon & Jeff

Shannon said...

Question AA...which twin is which in the photo of your mom and both girls? I'm thinking Rachel is on the left and Alex on the right. Am I close?

Anonymous said...

Shannon you are right. :)