Friday, March 26, 2010

Time goes quickly right?

I have excitement and nervousness in my tummy. I'm going back to school full time in September. Aaghhh! I haven't been to school in YEARS! Like I'm talking...let's see..it's 2010 right now and my diploma is dated 1996. So yup, it's been a long time! haha. It's not the most perfect time to go back to school since Sophia will only be 2 years old but it's only for 5 months. From Sept to January 2011. To be certified as a Teacher's Assistant. Then afterwards I can look for a job that will coincide with my kids schedules. That would be a dream job for me. To work during the day while the kids are at school and then come home around 3pm every day AND to have spring break, Christmas holidays and summer holidays OFF! So I have officially applied, called both the CEGEP and University to send my official transcripts but there are still some hurdles to cross. The lady told me that since I haven't had a math, english and computer class in the last 7 years that I would have to take these courses as a pre-requisite. No way! I told her. So she said that I could 'challenge' that rule by taking the exams up front with no course. So I told her all confidently that that was what I would do. What if I don't pass them?!! That would be hilarious. Well I would definitely walk away with my tail between my legs but I'm still going to go for it. I'm excited about this new adventure. I'm nervous about leaving my Sophia during the days but she will be with papa for Monday and Tuesdays so basically 3 days a week she will be looked after by someone other than family. It will be short term and in the long run it will be worth it for my family. Wish us all luck!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good start my daughter,
I am sure that you will be doing fine both as a mom and study.love mom

Joyce said...

Sounds perfect! Sophia will do fine...she thinks she's 6 years old anyway. Can't wait to hear about all the adventures that school brings you.

Unknown said...

That sounds amazing!! Good for you, omg I think you're so brave! I agree with Joyce, Sophia will be fine, she'll prob love the change. I'm sure you're going to ACE it!! Awesome news Audrey!

Shannon said...

FANTASTIC news Audrey! What a fun step to take! Continuing your education is always a great idea! And for you to still spend time off with the kids would be great! Good job! You will ace those exams!! I can't think of a better teacher's assistant...I mean you had so much practice with those babies at WG! ha ha

Sonia said...

Good for you Audrey! Wow, I have to agree..very brave of you to go back after a long break. Good luck on your challenge exam!!

Susan said...

Perfect for such a brilliant and caring woman! I know you will do very well in your courses; if you like I'll send you Romy, Victor & Edouard's homework to review to get you on top of your game!
Bravo, ma chère soeur! Je te félicite!
xoxoxoxoxo
p.s. Spunky is going to ¨love¨ her time with her new friends!

Kaili said...

HELLO, I saw you LAST NIGHT and you never told me, you punk!
So cool! But i thought we were taking this course together, then we could BOTH work while our kids are in school! I can't wait to hear how you like it. Kinda exciting to go back to school! Good for you!
Ummm....i know of this daycare where they have this GREAT yard, a swing set...;) Hehe!