I've been messing up a lot these days. It's hard to catch up with life. I've been forgetting important dates, mixing up dates completely, etc... So it's a miracle that the girls got to their skating performance on Tuesday night. In the right costumes. It was right down to the wire trying to figure out what their routine was, what they had to wear and where to be at what time. Anyhow, in the end we made it. The girls did great and had lots of fun.
Rachel skated to Mama Mia's Money Money song.
The pictures of them actually skating came out blurry because Sophia is a wiggly squiggly kid and she jumped around between me and Papa. (just on a side note - I spilled my delicious Starbucks coffee that I desperately needed to keep me awake and I was sad)
It was almost comical how much I didn't know what they were suppose to wear and do. We were sick people and we obviously missed the memo! And I was blaming the skating teacher for being so disorganized and not emailing me all the details, etc... when I told her that I didn't get the memo. But then when I got the dates mixed up for the girls school skating day which I thought was on Wednesday but ended up being on Thursday. Then I didn't even know about the open house Parent/Teacher night held at the school yesterday. Well you get the idea. It must be ME ME ME that is so disorganized and not 'getting/processing' the information that is coming at me.
But at the end of the day, when all the kids are asleep and I hear their peaceful breathing sounds, I can't believe how incredibly lucky I am to be their mama and everything is good.
5 comments:
it's funny how things always kinda work out in the end...you would never know from the pictures that the costumes almost never "made it".
you're a great mama! i on the other hand...
Loved chatting with you today! Thanks for the call! I hope we get to hang out next week.
Know what I've been thinking about lots? That night out in the summer when we went to the hood. I was pregs, we were childless and we got to talk our faces off! We are due for another one of those!
Did you run out and get that violet dog? SO cool!
Poor Audrey! And you told me it was the teacher's fault! Ah well, I think you can be forgiven for being disorganized. You're mind is in a billion places right now and you've all been sick. You've been through a lot lately. The thing is, YOU pulled it off! Rachel and Alex look great, and Sophia is such a pretty princess. They all look like they're on the mend.
P.S. I want your orange coat!
haha! That first pic is da bomb! Love it. The last pic looks like the girls are about to engage in roller derby! Very cool. Hey Audrey, don't knock yourself down. Three girls, a full house to take care of. It ain't easy but at least you're doing it! Most importantly, the girls look like they're having fun. Hope you get a 'mom day' soon!!! Have a great weekend!
I think we all get like that (to some extent) once we have kids. There is too much to think about and remember and it's very easy to forget. You are super mama, but you're entitled to make a few human errors once in awhile. ;o)
I swear, without my outlook calender, I would be completely lost.
Post a Comment