Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break 2010

This is what Spring Break looked like at our house.

Papa asked the girls many many times for massages. They walk on his back when he can convince them to stop coloring for a couple of minutes. He has trained Sophia very young as you can see. Alex can't be bothered. haha
Then I got a brilliant idea to paint the toy room. It was so exciting choosing the colors, buying the paint, taping up the walls and moving the toys to the centre of the room.
Everyone painted together. The girls loved it.
But by the 2nd day it wasn't so fun anymore. There was so much mess! I wanted to organize every single drawer, put every toy piece back in it's original game box, group all the barbies together, all the puzzle pieces together, etc. etc... you get the picture. But by the 3rd day I was scooping things together and getting them out of sight because boy oh boy there was too much STUFF!
But now, the toy room looks like this! Yipee! Yahoo! And by the way the girls are not allowed to play there ever again so it stays like this. :)

Papa wanted to go somewhere for the weekend. Like Vancouver or Seattle or something. Sounded stressful to me since Sophia screams in the car if we drive for more than her naptime. So instead of traveling far and spending lots of moolah I suggested that we just go to a hotel close by that had a pool. We went for one night and it was FUN! And there was no screaming in the car which was great.
Hotel lobby. Girls loved throwing pennies into the fountain and making wishes.
On our way to the POOL!!!
Love Sophia's bikini. Too bad she has to wear swimming diapers...the bottoms would look so much better without them.
No one was in the pool. The pool was GORGEOUS. If I win the 6-49 I know exactly how I want my pool to look. It is 3 feel all around so no deep end. Eventually I let the girls take the water wings off (that say that they are for kids aged 2 to 4 haha).
Look how gorgeous the hot tub and pool is. With a great view. I want to live there!
Sophia having a grand old time. She really has grown up so much in the last few months.
A picture of all my Chung Chungs this morning before having brunch at my favorite place. Oh so delicious.
The girls had a feast and so did Papa and I. Stress free getaway. With 3 young kids it's the perfect way to have a little 'vacation' right in your own backyard. The kids don't know if you actually left to go see a different place, all they care about is that they swam in a pool and threw coins into a waterfall. Back to the normal routine starting tomorrow. Spring Break 2010 is officially over.


6 comments:

Shannon said...

WOW! What a post! All the photos are great. Love the one of the girls on the dock and Sophia munching on her watermelon! Already she's her father-in-law's favorite for liking that fruit. Remember when I tried to sway your girls into calling cantaloupe "buffaloupe?" Yeah, they were onto me. Little smarties that they are.

Looks like such a fun, relaxing spring break. We're looking forward to a "stay-cation" this summer as well. GREAT idea Aud.

And smart thinking Papa for getting the girls to walk on your back and give you a massage. Malcolm likes to just pull my hair.

Finally, I LOVE the new decor in the playroom. Very snazzy. Ha ha...you are like me...in that the idea of painting is great, and the initial coat on the wall is awesome, but then it gets boring and never-ending by day 2 and 3. Way to persevere though! Looks fab! Can I come play in that room if I promise not to mess it too much?

Shannon said...

Forgot to mention I love the green color on the walls. "Mama's favorite color!"

ha ha

Joyce said...

so many pictures i don't know which ones to comment on!

first of all...i love the new bonus room colors! i love the green. i still would've chosen a pink instead of the blue, but the blue looks great too.

love the picture of the three chung-chungs on the dock too. love at the clothes they're wearing. they look stylin!

p.s. love the girl's artwork! they really are talented!

Unknown said...

First of all: I LOVE THE PLAYROOM!! Holy cow, wow! I'm dying to repaint ours (they even painted the darn ceiling the same dark beige as the walls) but I know it'll take forever (i.e. prime+paint) and I'm tired just thinking of it. But yours is incredible. I also love love love the wood floors in your house!
Second, that is a great 1 day getaway idea! Wow, it helps to live in Vancouver and have that amazing view everywhere! Pool outdoors! I won't show Keira, she'll be sooo jealous!
All three girls have grown so much. Sophia is way to cute in that bikini and love the pic of them giving their Papa a massage.
Great photos Audrey!!

Kaili said...

First off, it was MY idea!! The getaway that is! haha!

Looks like you guys had a great time! It was nice chatting tonight, darn no more ethnic food for me! Haha!

Okay and the girls are wearing swimming housecoats from when they were like 2! Do you need me to come over and organize their clothes??

Yes Soph Soph has grown up alot in the last few months, she is SO cute! "Jaaaa-iiiiiaaaaa!"

Sonia said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend was had!

Love the paint job in the playroom. Great job!

I can't believe how old Sophia looks now sitting in that chair. Sniff.