I have to post more pics of Halloween because my adoring fans (aka Halomoni and Haraboji) are wondering why there aren't more pics of their grandkids. But it feels like I've been hit by the cold/flu truck. All of a sudden in the last 24 hours. So I'm resorting to what is on my photos that are already downloaded.
This is Sophia with one of her little friends. Bumblebee with a little bed head :)
So totally off topic from Halloween pics. It's 3:30 in the morning, I'm feeling like crap and I have no one to whine to so I'm whining on the internet. We decided to get ourselves vaccinated for the H1N1. Last Monday Alex, and Sophia got their first shots. Alex had no adverse reactions aside from a sore arm at the injection site for the first day. Sophia on the other hand got a fever and was super cranky for 24 hours and then was back to her old self. Today, Papa and I got the shot. Papa was fine, no reactions except a little bit of a sore arm. Myself on the other hand feel terrible. Yesterday morning, before the shot I had a sore throat and my nose was starting to run but I got the shot anyway. So I don't know if I was already coming down with something and this shot made it worse or what. But I can barely lift my arm that got the shot and my head is throbbing on the same side. Whine, whine, whine. The reason I'm writing this is what has been your effects if you did decide to get the shot.And if you are wondering...Rachel did not get the shot because no one will give it to her because she is not on the 1st priority. Sheesh. Over 5 years old and no history of asthma. So we are waiting for the 2nd priority list which we are told should be in 2 weeks time.
5 comments:
so so sooo cuties..
I love them.
I miss you so much.
Grandfa
here I am you can cry on your mom. like old days .
you will be ok .
your mom .
LOVE Sophia as a bumblebee...she's so cute.
And I'm still so torn on whether to get the vaccination or not.
Sophia is so pretty! She looks like an angel. Sorry to hear you feel crappy, but anyone who does get a "normal" flu shot tends to get sick with the flu. I'm sure it will pass quickly. Took Malcolm yesterday and he seems ok. Slightly cranky, but overall, not bad.
Poor Rachel! Like she's being punished because she's healthy and older. Hopefully she'll get it soon!!!
P.S. I LOVE Halmonie's comment to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry you feel so crappy Audrey!
My friend and her husband both got an automatic constricted feeling in their chests, then it went away just as quickly. Everyone who I know who has had the shot have sore arms. Some worse then others. The one person also got a sinus headache, but she doesn't know if the shot caused it, because she tends to get sinus headaches a lot anyways.
Ava's arm was sore, itchy and slightly swollen (and hot the 1st night). I put some anti-itch stuff that I made (you have some - it's a blue liquid in a rollerball) and the next morning, the swollen and itch were gone. The soreness is still there, but she said it's not bad now.
They say you should not get the shot if you're sick. If you started to come down with something before the shot, it may just be progressing as it would have and maybe having the shot isn't helping either.
Regardless, I hope you feel better soon. It's no fun being a sick mama.
Post a Comment