Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Man, I know this is NOT normal but I miss my kids like CRAZY when they are off to school. I don't know what to do with myself and this quiet house. I keep looking at the clock and wondering what they are doing. Oh...school must have just started...oh....it's recess time, etc...Today is worse than other days.
I'm trying to organize this house while the kids are gone. And I'm going through all this PAPER that keeps piling up on my desk. It breaks my heart to recycle all this artwork/notes/letters that the girls make. I do keep a lot of it but it would be impossible to keep it all. What do you guys do with all the paper that your kids produce?

8 comments:

Joyce said...

I throw it out, but I have to make sure that its covered really really well (in case Hudson the eagle-eye garbage inspector decides to investigate and get mad when he sees something that belongs to him in the garbage)! I'm not kidding, the other day he fished out 2 tiny beads from the garbage and then got mad at me for throwing them out.

p.s. i CAN'T WAIT until Hudson is in school! ahhh...some free time to myself!

Audrey said...

I used to think the same thing. I wanted a break from the chaos of the kids. I know you will feel the same way when Hudson is in school full time.

Unknown said...

Joyce, haha, I get the same reaction from Keira! "hey, dat miiiine!!!".

Audrey, I noticed alot of your girls drawings (which are awesome by the way) are like line drawings.. why not scan them in your computer and create a "book" or even a colouring book for them? They'll get a kick seeing their drawings as a book/colouring book. Maybe even make the colouring book for Sophia til she gets a whee bit older. Don't have to spend a crapload of money, just print them out yourself and put them in a binder.

Do I miss Keira when she's in school? Only when I'm at work. lol. Otherwise, when I'm home I have so many projects to do I find there's not enough hours til she gets home! Scan all those pages! There goes your day. lol. ;P

Anonymous said...

Audrey,
make a scrapbook,which mark by year(2009).
it will show how they grew
year by year.

still you ow me sophias 8x10 photo.

Grandfa

Susan said...

Audrey... you are very strange...
(nothing further to say on that topic!)
As for Chantal's Keepsake book; great idea! But if I start now, the older two might be jealous that I didn't keep anything of theirs... oh the dilemma

Shannon said...

I agree - Chantal's keepsake book and online idea is genius! I will use that when Mac-Mac creates fun stuff like that for me.

As for this post, I can't help but remember being at your house 2 years ago, and just before you left for that wedding reception, I was tying the garbage and Rachel saw her works of art in recycling!!! Those crocodile tears were heartbreaking!!!! And you left ME to deal with it ya KB!!!!! ha ha. At least the raw cake batter soothed her.....

Sonia said...

I'm do the same as Joyce, I have to hide it under all the recycling. I save only the "best" ones, and even that pile has gotten too big!

Yeah, I miss the kids at times when they are at school. But, if/when they come home and start to argue that feeling goes away real quickly! LOL

Anonymous said...

Audrey,
today is last day of september.
change your coloum, this is too long.

Grandfa