
Does the enthusiasm just kill ya? The girls went fishing a couple of weeks ago with Papa and some family friends. They didn't catch anything though. So one of the adults found a dead fish and somehow made it hook onto each one of the girls' lines at different times throughout the day. So they each thought they had actually caught a fish. I don't know the exact details but I guess when it is your first time fishing you can fool the kids since they didn't know what to expect.
On a totally different note, the 2nd day of school went well. The girls still have not complained that everything is in french and want to go back again tomorrow. So all is good. They told me that they had different names at school. When I finally figured out what they were talking about I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. They didn't realize that their names spoken in french was still their same name. It was that foreign to them that they didn't realize with a french accent that the name was the same. I guess Rachel in french sounds more like Rachelle. And Alex is called Alexandra with a french accent at school. Another funny thing is that they thought their teacher's name was Madame. They kept hearing all the kids call her Madame....and didn't realize that she was being called Madame Lisa. So they don't know their own names or their teacher's name and things are still good. haha. And it's only day 2 but Rachel lost her white Olympics sweatshirt. Oh boy.
4 comments:
how did Rachelle lose her shirt? i'm sure it's still there somewhere! go see if it's in the lost and found.
i'm so so happy that the girls want to go back again. they are such good girls.
It was fun chatting to you yesterday and hearing about the first day of grade 1 and how horrible it was for Mama! The part about the names is hilarious! Something you never consider, eh? Glad to hear they enjoy it. Like I said, they'll catch on soon enough. It's us poor Anglophiles who will have no clue as to what they say in the very near future!
Sorry to hear about the loss of the sweatshirt. Jeff lost his Patagonia fleece jacket in Cayman. Not so much of a huge deal as he's owned it for 6 years, except it was the very first gift I gave him and it was orange. I think the maid stole it, but why would you need a jacket on the equator?
haha...I love the moving the dead fish from one rod to the other. It had to be Chung Chuck's idea. LOL
Looks like they had a little bit of fun in the last picture!
Audrey,
its about to change new photos.
I want to see new Sophie/
Grandfa
Post a Comment