
The girls ran their first 1K race. It was part of the Subaru Ironman festivities that is happening this weekend. A fun run for the kids. Alex and Rachel were FANTASTIC. It helped that their friends from school were there too. So they were super pumped. I wasn't sure what to expect but there were hundreds of kids. At the start of the race, the kids took off on me. I wasn't wearing running shoes but summer sandals. I had to chase after them so not to lose them in the crowd. I looked around and realized that every other mama and papa were dressed sporty and was wearing runners. Jeesh....I'm so not sporty. I thought I was going to walk pushing the stroller while the girls jogged beside me. Thank goodness I was with another person who stayed behind and looked after Sophia.

The girls were super proud of themselves. Their 1st medal. So cool.

Alex was bee lining it to the finish line. She has wanted a medal for the longest time. She was really disappointed when she didn't get one after the soccer season. But today her dream came true. Rachel got a cramp near the end of the race but didn't slow down because of all the people on the sidelines cheering us on. After the race she beamed that we had so many cheerleaders during the race.

Posing with some of their buddies before the race started.

Sophia proudly wearing her sister's medal at home. She doesn't know what it is but she knows it is really important because all the big kids got one. She wouldn't nap in the stroller even though she hadn't napped this afternoon. She just loves being around people.

Can't wait for next year's race.
7 comments:
girls,
so nice and froud..
have a wonderful days.
Grandfa
YAY girls!!! A medal and everything...we're so proud of you! You look like professional racers.
Hey girls, shout out loud to you! Congrats!! Look at them go, wow, I'm so impressed! I love the sporty shades too. Very well done. The event looks very organized and I love where the venue is held, man, gorgeous scenery! woot woot Alex and Rachel!
Hey Girls - you look great!
Did your new `runners` help you go faster?!
Awww Audrey... who shows up at a race in sandals? Maybe its an `Ahn` thing like Joyce going Easter egg hunting in heels...
p.s. love, love, love the pics
Yeah!! Congrats girls on the excellent run and getting medals!!
SO fun! I bet it was those new snazzy runners they have. I still want a pair! Looks like they had a blast!
Good job girls! That's a hard race to run and you did it!!! WHOO HOO!
Post a Comment