Anyhow thank goodness for Alex's wig. I brought the wig with me to school. I asked the teacher what time the pictures were going to be because I've noticed that Alex likes to wear it for only a short period of time. I guess it gets too hot and itchy when worn for a long time. So I figured that I would come back to school a few minutes before the pictures and help her put on her wig. She couldn't give me a definite time but said that the photographer would probably come earlier in the morning. So I put on Alex's wig before I left. She had the biggest smile on her face. She had on a really pretty white and green dress with only 1 sleeve. Very modern and fancy. When she walked into circle time all the girls oohed and aahed at how pretty she looked and she was BEAMING. There is a great group of kids in her class that she has known for 3 years now (2 years preschoool and Kindergarden). But from next year when she goes to a real school for grade 1 I don't know if I can protect her from bullies. Oh the stress of being a parent.
6 comments:
I know how it feels to want to protect our kids from anything & everything that we think will hurt them (bad comments, bad situations, bad friends, etc). I don't think we ever give up...
As for Alex, all I can say is that she has the most beautiful eyes and the most friendliest smile that I don't notice anything else! This is probably what her friends see when they look at Alex.
xoxoxoxoxoxo
I know how stressful it must be for you...
but think of how lucky you are that Alex's alopecia is not life-threatening or physically painful for her.
And she's BEAUTIFUL with or without hair. I agree with Susan...her smile gets me everytime!
oh Audrey! I really feel your pain. But reading about how she and her friends just go about their business and ooh'd and aw'd about her pretty dress... well, it's mostly us moms who stress the most I guess. I think Sue and Joyce are right - her sweetness, the fact that she's so pretty and her personality will shine and she will come through. Hope you post the pics!
Audrey,,
She is o.k.
while she is growing, she is going to adjust normally
as natural.
keep on her with good conversation.
she is going to overcome all this painful situation.
I will pray for her all the time.
I love them so much.
Grandfa
I know it pains you Audrey, as every parent wants to protect their kids. I am so glad to hear that she was the star in front of all of the kids. She really is a beautiful little girl, and it's not all based on her looks. She has the most amazing personality - very caring and thoughtful. She's a gem.
It'll be alright Audrey. Alex has Rachel by her side and very loving parents. She's got the best support system in place should she ever need it.
I'm sure if she ever encounters unkindness at her new school, you'll be there to tell her the truth..that she is indeed a very beautiful girl regardless of hair.
Post a Comment