Saturday, April 04, 2009

First Day of Soccer

Who knew one day I would be a soccer mom.  
Today was the girls first day of soccer and they had so much fun.  
It was a cold sunny morning and the whole family went down to cheer on the girls.  Sophia missed the whole game though...she slept in the stroller the entire time.


First they warmed up with some practice drills.

Rachel running down the field.  She got 7 goals!
All the kids played two 15 minute games.  With a half-time break with orange slices (which was one of the highlights of the morning).  The mini games were 4 kids against 4 kids.  Really small games so all the kids had a chance to touch the ball many times.

Alex had her hands in her pockets for half the game until Papa went and told her she shouldn't and then from that moment on she got 4 goals!

Alex in motion.  She scored a goal with that kick!
All the kids shaking hands after the game.  So darn cute.

Next time I'll have to remember to put their sweaters on UNDER their blue jerseys.  Sheesh...I didn't know how I should dress them this morning.  I have never worn shin pads.  Nor have I every played soccer on a team. So the girls are way ahead of me on this one.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh ye!
so cute so fun.
I love them so much.
Have fun, I love you

Grandfa

Shannon said...

That is so much fun! We're very proud of the girls for scoring so many goals!!! And during their first game!! Good job ladies!! Soon, they'll be going pro!

Joyce said...

The first thing I noticed was how your girls were the only ones wearing jackets!!! Ha ha ha...I laughed!

I am so proud of them for playing soccer and scoring goals! Romy will be proud too!

Susan said...

Yahoo! Go Jung Girls, Go!!
Soo cute, especially their 'original uniforms' - Sooo Audrey...
Hey Sister, bring Popsicles for their team on a hot day and you'll be a hit!

Sonia said...

Awesome goals girls!!

Unknown said...

WOW!! They look amazing!! I'm super impressed. I hope Keira will be as sporty as they are!