I've had this on my tree ever since I was a kid. Sisters, do you remember this one?
Tobi ornament that Susan bought us soon after we got Tobi. I miss him terribly.
Carleen (Kaili's mama) had made these 'R' and 'A' balls for the girls the first year they were born.
Susan (she has bought so many ornaments for us) bought us this ornament the year that James and I got married.
One of the most meaningful ones on my tree. We used to have 2 of these birds. My grandmother would place them on the tree so that they could see each other. I think this ornament is over 30 years old now.
Got to have a Baby's 1st Christmas ornament.
One of the hand made ornaments on the tree. Reminds me of the lovely afternoon that Papa, me and the girls spent at the community centre when they were 3 years old. We ate pancakes and then made about 4 different ornaments. But at 3 years old they weren't able to make the crafts themselves so Papa and I had fun making it with them.
One of the ornaments that Kaili has passed down to the girls. It used to be on her tree when she was growing up. She gave it to the girls when they were really young and loved Winnie the Pooh.
The first ornament I bought for James after we were married. We moved out here in B.C. and had NO ornaments for the tree. So we started buying a few every year and building up our collection.
Joyce made this Santa and Mrs. Claus ornament for us. We went to Walmart, picked up some crafty stuff and then made ornaments one afternoon, way before the kids were born.
This one is 25 years old. Can you believe it? I have other ones that are older than that but this one actually has the year written on it. Susan and Joyce, do you remember where this one came from?
Our tree is also covered in Princess, Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, Dora, Pillsbury Doughboy ornaments. Ornaments that I'm hoping will be passed down to the girls when they are older and have their own homes. I love our tree. It's an artificial one and not all fancy smancy but it is so personal and so 'us'. What ornaments are special on your tree?
7 comments:
Awww..I'm all teary-eyed. We're starting our ornament collection now. I'm not big on xmas but with Keira, want her to experience it without a humbug like me. :P
btw, Audrey, you look great!
Chantal, are you a humbug? I would have never guessed that. Christmas is a lot more fun once you have kids.
Are you kidding me that I look good?!! I wasn't going to post that last video but I did so that my parents could see the girls play. I feel so overweight and very ajuma'ish if you know what I mean.
I love the trip down memory lane... I always think of Grandma when I place our birds. The cat was from our Boxing Day shopping sprees at Fairview... remember how crazy we were to actually stand in line to grab whatever at 1pm?
I`ll send you your new ones soon...
xoxoxoxo
I CAN'T BELIEVE we posted the same exact thing. That is freaky weird. Especially because people would normally just post a picture of the completed tree as a whole.
Anyway...I remember all of those ornaments. Do you have the three elves too? And where did our old angel tree-topper go??? And why do you only have ONE of those white birds? And why do YOU have ALL of our old ornaments??? I'm totally stealing a couple the next time I'm in Penticton.
P.S. I remember buying that cat ornament on Boxing Day too!
That is so funny that you mention the 3 elves. James thinks it is so ugly but I insist we hang it up and not to throw it away. When he saw this post he asked why I didn't include it...so I tried to edit my post but blogger is acting weird. I have no idea where the other bird went. I do remember the boxing day sales and the rush to buy ornaments for 50% off. Susan especially loved to do that. And you guys are free to steal some ornaments but that would mean you would have to come visit!
Susan, I would love to see your tree. I can only imagine how many ornaments you have collected.
All fun comments and I feel like I am in the Christmas party or my imagenation is keep going on last 30 years of this time.
I rememver some of ornament:
Anyhow good old story is going on...
I like all memolyes keep going on.
I love you all, Audrey,Susan and My cute Joyce. plus 7 angels.
Grandfa from Montreal
Such beautiful memories from each ornament.
My parents passed on their Charlie brown style Christmas tree to me, but most of the ornaments passed along don't hold meaning like yours. We have however started a tradition of taking the kids to Springridge farm each year to paint ornaments. It's amazing to see the difference in each and how creative the kids are becoming.
Post a Comment