Friday, November 28, 2008

Piano Recital & 1st Snowy Day


The pictures are not in order.  This is Sophia hanging out in the Exersaucer while her sisters are outside playing in the snow.  We skipped skating class this morning because I was feeling overwhelmed with a very messy house.  Kaili and Jaia were over and all the kids went outside to play in the snow while I made a feeble attempt at getting things organized.  We saw the skating teacher this afternoon at the piano recital (her daughter plays piano as well) and Alex went up to her and told her...Sorry we didn't come to skating class, I was making snow angels.  Totally busted with the truth by my 5 year old.
Alex and Rachel did so well tonight.  Alex played Eency Weency Spider and Rachel played Old McDonald had a farm.   It's amazing that they never get nervous playing in front of a crowd.  They had a great time.  A lot of their school friends were there playing piano so it was fun for them.  It was held at a Senior's Centre and the residents there looked so happy to see these young kids.  I always have a soft spot for Seniors.  I guess they always remind me of my own grandma.  

Sophia was awake for the whole recital.  Kaili got her dressed up.  I think this is the 1st time that she is wearing a dress.  She really likes crowds, people watching, noise, etc....

And this is the snow princess that the girls made this morning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.story looks like somebody(Aud)acts like exactly 30 years ago.
That is fun story, and family affair. Piano concert!

Anyhow it is wonderful.
I miss them so much. Sophia is grown so big,and cute.

I love you
I went shopping yesterday with grandma. Santa will be there soon.

Grandfa

Joyce said...

The girls looked very fancy-schmancy at the recital! Absolutely beautiful.

And Sophia looks chubbier and chubbier every picture you post.

And "snow princess"...can they be any more girly???

Kaili said...

Aww your Dad's comments are always so sweet!

We had SUCH a fun day! Did I even get ANYTHING done at your house? Geesh!

Jaia was SO happy to be with the girls all day and didn't want to go to light up, he just wanted to play more with them! They play so good together now!

On the way home from the piano concert I asked J if he wanted to play piano when he was older, like the girls. And he said, oh then I can be a princess and twirl? Referring to them twirling in their beautiful dresses before we left! I told him that the boys wore fancy dress pants and nice sweaters then they could be princes. He was pretty excited! haha!

The girls did SO good, there were tears in my eyes!

Sonia said...

Sophia is just such a cutie! She is looking so much older then the pictures you posted from November. We hope to be able to meet her sometime soon.