My head hurts....and not only from the stress...I think it's this Guinness Beer that is doing it. I haven't really drank any alcohol in YEARS and when I drink this awful tasting brew I get lightheaded and then have a headache. So why am I drinking this dark bitter beer? To try and increase my milk supply. Oye vye, the things that we do for our kids. My milk supply is drying up. But I've resigned myself to this fact. I could grab that awful plastic breast pump and pump myself silly every few hours....but the thing is I'm exhausted. I'm beaten down emotional and physically. I can't wait for Sophia's surgery to be over with and done. But then one line from Alicia Key's song keeps popping up in my head....."The present is a gift". So true. So then I try to cherish every moment NOW and live in the moment and not keep thinking of....in three weeks....things will be better WHEN.... Also, I watched this TLC program last week about this lady with 1/2 a body. Did anyone else watch this? My goodness, I think I have it tough but then I watch this amazing women with huge burdens and I marvel at her strength. This
lady with 1/2 a body had to have both her legs amputated from a disease early on in life. She had a biological son who is now about 7 years old. And she walks everywhere on her hands or this skateboard that she modified so she can push off on her hands! Climbs up stairs on her hands! And taught her son to skate with this skateboard modified with a blade. Just absolutely amazing. And then I think to myself that if she could do that then I can overcome my fears about Sophia's operation and stay strong.
I also miss my dog like crazy. It's been months since he has left us for another family. And he is living a great dog life. Living on acres of land planted in grapes. Remember when we helped this family pick grapes last October? Well yeah, he is living there. And by the sounds of it he has adapted well to being an 'outdoor' dog. But I still miss his cuddles. It's for the best though. Alex hasn't had to have any allergy medication in weeks. Incredibly good news.
So what else can I complain about? Hmmmm...I guess that's it. It's incredible that a year ago my dad was still in the hospital recovering from a ruptured brain aneurysm. And he is completely healthy now and living at home completely mobile, etc. A true miracle. So it gives me hope that in a year's time I will be happy as a clam with no worries enjoying the end of summer in a carefree manner and embracing my favorite fall season. This reminds me of a passage that Kahlil Gibran wrote on Joy and Sorrow:
Some of you say, "Joy is greater than sorrow," and others say, "Nay, sorrow is greater."
But I say unto you, they are inseparable,
Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.
Deep, eh? I know. Blame this crazy post on the Guinness.
10 comments:
Oh guiness, you silly mo fo!
Okay in ALL seriousness, I really think you should start a Graitude journal, it helps SO much in being present and grateful for what is before you. It's also awesome to read back on and see the small things in life you were grateful for back in the day.
Hope you feel better tomorrow, snuggle those three chung chungs and marvel in their sweetness! They are SO sweet!
I LOVE Guiness! I'd be having a pint with you Aud (if I could).
I didn't see that TLC program, but isn't it amazing how the human spirit can persevere? It is such a trying time in your life, not just right now, but the past few years.
When all is said and done, your little angel will be healthy and happy and running around the house terrorizing the girls. I cannot wait for those blog posts.
Stay strong my friend! You have so many people supporting you.
P.S. remember what you told me about on the phone about church? Great idea, especially if it comforts you. I really believe in that stuff.
xxoo
I agree...it's so easy to complain about all the negative things in life...but after seeing how some other people live...you realize how much you have to be grateful for. You are lucky to be able to kiss your three Chung-Chungs everyday, right?
As for Tobi...he's living the DREAM dog life!
You are so much stronger then you think you are, I salute you!
Keep kissing your 3 monkeys and shower them with your endless love (even if you have no energy left, you always find time for a kiss).
Edouard once asked me why I kiss him so much and I told him that I get energy from his kisses; now when I look tired (or angry) he offers me a kiss...
Try to keep yourself positive lady!! Good things are coming.
Your probably already taking this to increase your milk but i thought id throw it out there anyways, blessed thistle & Fenugreek from any healthfood store.
guiness helps with milk production?? hm...never knew that. The here and now will become a memory soon enough...Hang in there Audrey! You've always been a sunny warm person and I'm sure it will help you pass this anxious period in your life.
Those TLC stories are compelling arent' they?
Sorry you're having such a hard time Audrey. But as all those wise people who have commented before me have said...Sophia will get through the surgery fine and be a healthy and happy baby.
I've been meaning to ask how your hairy son was doing. I'm glad to hear he's having a great life. Wonderful to hear that Alex is not having to take meds.
*hugs*
Hi Audrey, I read you blog once in a while and really enjoy all the photos of your beautiful children. I couldn't help but comment this time, hope you don't mind.
About milk supply, the best thing would be a prescription from your GP for Domperidone 20mg 4xday. This will work really well to increase your milk supply and I would also encourage you to pump, if you don't have an electric breast pump you can rent one for fairly cheap. Your beautiful little Sophia will benefit greatly from your milk, it will help her to recover from the surgery. Throw out the beer, you certainly don't need headaches at this point.
I wish you all the best, stay strong.
Warmest Regards, Sharon (aka Kyla's mom, Kaili's midwife)......
The best supplement to increase milk supply is Fenugreek, most health food stores carry it. 3 capsule 2 to 3 times a day for a 2 weeks does the trick.
I agree with the Fenugreek. I drank 2-3 cups a day AND took the supplement. It did wonders for my milk supply.
Post a Comment