Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Papa & Baby Sophia

So I officially take back all the bad things that I ever said about Papa. He has been so amazing at taking care of Sophia during the last few days. He feels really comfortable with the tube feedings at night, checking the PH level in her tube to make sure that it is properly placed, administering the meds to her, etc.... Me, I'm not so comfortable with all this stuff - so it has worked out really well that Papa has taken over. He has really bonded with our young little sweetheart.

We just got a phone call today with Sophia's surgery date...which will be on Sept 16th. I'm unhappy that we have to wait another month and will have to continue with the tube feeding but happy that we have a set date now so we can prepare ourselves mentally. I'm trying to imagine how happy we will be driving home from Vancouver at the end of September and putting all this stress behind us. That's the mental image I keep painting myself whenever I feel the tight knots in my stomach and feel the need to pop some more Pepto Bismal. Looking forward to the fall and hoping it will be smooth sailing for our family after that.

7 comments:

Joyce said...

Not knowing is always so much worse than having a plan...so now that you know the date of surgery...like you said...you can plan for it.

You are so lucky to have James in this situation. You are soooo squeamish when it comes to anything medical, and that's James' profession!

Sophia is so adorable. Is she less sleepy now that she's getting all those extra calories?

ahiebert said...

Hi Audrey, Kaili told me about Sophia...I'm so sorry that you and your family have had such a hard summer. Sophia is beautiful and I'm praying for you to have peace, to have good rest, and for Sophia.

Susan said...

Way to go, Papa James!
You see what 2 halves make [Audrey+James]?
A whole united person to help get Sophia healthy & strong in no time!!
We're all praying and rooting for you guys!

Unknown said...

That's such an awesome pic of daddy and baby. Love it. One more month...it'll fly by and before you know it, you'll be back to normal. Just love that pic...hang in there!

Shannon said...

James is unbelievably awesome and you and he are great people. With one another's strength, you will get through this.

That is a GREAT picture to have in your mind Audrey! That will be a wonderful trip back home in the golden autumn sunshine.

hang in there JAARS!!

Kaili said...

You take back ALL the bad stuff? Haha!
Papa is doing so good to be So supportive of all of this. It was SO good to see you all today! Overdue. See you tomorrow!

kyla said...

Thinking of you guys and little Sophia, what a great hubby youve got to help get you guys all through this. She looks so happy and healthy in all her pictures, only a few more weeks and it will all be a thing of the past, just keep thinking of how great that drive home from vancouver is going to be because before you know it it will be here!