Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sophia's Here!


So here we are at about 5:30am on Tuesday morning ready to go to the hospital to meet our baby Sophia. I know we don't look it here but we were so excited. After all those weeks/months of waiting for her we couldn't believe that it was only a matter of hours now until we would see her.

At 8:20am on June 10th we got to finally meet Sophia Isabella! We heard her strong cries as the doctor pulled her out and everyone in the operating room couldn't believe how big she was...including us! She weighed in at 8lbs 14ozs and her agpar score was 9 and 9. She is just beautiful and melts our hearts.

We feel so blessed. It's just indescribable the feeling of thanks that we feel that Sophia is here safe and sound and healthy. The girls have been amazing big sisters and are so incredibly proud of their sister. Rachel and Alex keep thanking me for giving them a baby sister. Heart can just melt when I see all three of my girls interact. The girls get excited when Sophia finally is awake and has both her eyes open. Rachel tells her funny jokes to try and keep her eyes open longer and Alex rushes over with her favorite toys to show her. So cute.

8 comments:

Joyce said...

that first picture of your belly is HILARIOUS!!! your belly doesn't even look real...it looks like you're hiding a watermelon under your shirt!

sophia is precious. makes me want another one. until i hear the stories about how often she nurses. then i don't feel ready for another one!

p.s. rachel's t-shirt is getting good use, eh? and it's cute that she's wearing a belt.

p.p.s. your garden looks great. so does the cubbie-shelf with the baskets.

Shannon said...

Sophia is SO gorgeous Audrey! I think she looks a lot like you. Congrats to you and James and Alex and Rachel! I love the top photo of you and James before the big moment. Of course the photos of the girls with your parents are so cute too! Everyone looks so happy and I am so excited that Sophia is doing so well and is healthy. The photo of her is stunning.

I love the stories of how the girls just dote on Sophia. It will be so fun watching them bond with her.

She's perfect.

Congratulations and we wish you all the love and happiness :)

xxoo Shannon & Jeff

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Sophia is so beautiful! How decieving to see such an angelic face then have such a demanding cry!! Wow, this one`s going to make you work...
I love seeing all the pictures with everyone; do Mom & Dad ever want to leave P.?
xoxoxoxo
Try and rest as much as possible since Mom`s there to watch over the girls!

kyla said...

Congratulations Audrey, to you and your family. Sophia is beautiful.

Kaili said...

We LOVE Baby Audrey (I mean Sophia)!!!
It's so neat to know you guys BEFORE having Sophia this time around. Last time I was dying to stalk you when you had the twins, but that would have been a bit odd. Now I can stalk you and it's acceptable. Haha! Or maybe not!
How was the tandoori? Can't wait to see you tomorrow. I mean today, it's 12:36. Why do I stay up so late? geesh!

I can't believe you had time to post! You go girl!

Unknown said...

Congratulations guys! Awww..the girls are so gorgeous, all 3! Hope you're recovering well..if the baby allows you to. hehehe. But seriously, enjoy the summer with your beautiful family...

Unknown said...

btw, keira saw the pic of Sophia and cooed "oh! p'tit bébé!". She LOVES babies....