Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Alex has an Admirer

So it seems that my sweet Alex has an admirer at school. She's always been so quiet and independent and not too interested in making friends at school. Well she likes to be around other kids but she doesn't try to be one of the gang...if you will. She's content by herself or with her sister around. Which made me a little worried about her. I guess it bothered me that she would have her snacks by herself, played in the sandbox alone instead of throwing the ball with other friends, etc.... So I find it very interesting that this little boy, Liam, is drawn to my quiet, beautiful Alex. The pictures above were given to Alex today by him. So darn sweet! And his mother told me the other day that Liam wants to invite Alex over to his house to play but that he needs to put his dog away for the visit since Alex is allergic. And when I went to pick the kids up at school the other day I was a couple of minutes late and Liam made his grandma stay behind and wait to see when I would come to pick up the girls since he was worried that I wasn't there yet. Now that is true affection, no?

6 comments:

Joyce said...

so sweet!

and she's an introvert, big deal! so is her mama!

Sonia said...

Aww...that is SO sweet!

No need to worry..Alex is the sweetest little girl ever! She is pretty, quiet, thoughtful, talented and so smart. I'm sure Liam picked up on all her great qualities..I don't blame him for admiring her.

Everyone is different and that is what makes life so interesting, right?

Kaili said...

Good point Joyce!

You never told me about this, that is SO SO SO sweet! Did she have the (play)date yet? Hehe!
We had so much fun today, thanks for having us over to watch the girls, not Terra M. :)

Susan said...

Ahh Audrey, maybe your hormones are being passed on to me... I got all teary eyed reading this blog. Alex's sweetness shows through her shyness so let's set up a playdate with Liam! How is Rachel acting with all this?

Unknown said...

That is truly truly sweet! Moms worry for nothing...; )

Shannon said...

I like this Liam boy looking out for Alex. Why were you late Audrey? All the "pretty lights" distract you? hee hee

Seriously, Alex is such is sweetie that it's nice that she's noticed for how special she really is. Liam sounds like he was brought up right. We already know your girls were.