Friends, Food & Fun!
James and I had a quick weekend away in Vancouver. It was short but filled with lots of fun. We went out on Friday night to 3 different restaurants with James' partner and a whole bunch of people. We had oysters at the 1st place, then sushi at the 2nd place and then finally ended up in Yaletown for our dinner. Totally fun and totally not what we usually do on a Friday night. Brought us back to our younger days.
The above picture is of our dim sum lunch today at my very favorite Chinese restaurant, Pink Pearl. And yes, I had to order my all time favorite dish of Black Bean Crab and ate most of it myself and made a huge mess on the tablecloth and my fingers. But so so worth it.
James and I had a quick weekend away in Vancouver. It was short but filled with lots of fun. We went out on Friday night to 3 different restaurants with James' partner and a whole bunch of people. We had oysters at the 1st place, then sushi at the 2nd place and then finally ended up in Yaletown for our dinner. Totally fun and totally not what we usually do on a Friday night. Brought us back to our younger days.The above picture is of our dim sum lunch today at my very favorite Chinese restaurant, Pink Pearl. And yes, I had to order my all time favorite dish of Black Bean Crab and ate most of it myself and made a huge mess on the tablecloth and my fingers. But so so worth it.

This picture is of our friends John and Mae in front of a Thai restaurant (also delicious) where we feasted on 6 different dishes tonight. I really miss all these authentic ethnic dishes that you can get in a big city. We have known John for years and years and years. He was the best man in our wedding and we haven't seen him in a long time. And it was the first time that I met his wife.

And one of the highlights of the weekend was meeting up with Shannon and Jeff in Vancouver. Just by coincidence they were in Vancouver on their way to Whistler so we got to hook up for a couple of hours today. First they drove me to this awesome spelt bakery where their friend works. We sampled so much delicious bread there. Who knew that I would like spelt baking?
But the best part of the morning was when Shannon pulled sharply onto a side street in Little Italy (running over the curb if I might add) because she spotted a Gelato store. (She's a little coo coo for Gelato). And it was worth the stop. There were 218 different flavors. So we ate Gelato at 11 am in the morning.
So as you can see, we are safely back home. Thanks Halmonie for looking after my girls! And we had a great weekend with friends consuming about a zillion calories.
But the best part of the morning was when Shannon pulled sharply onto a side street in Little Italy (running over the curb if I might add) because she spotted a Gelato store. (She's a little coo coo for Gelato). And it was worth the stop. There were 218 different flavors. So we ate Gelato at 11 am in the morning.
So as you can see, we are safely back home. Thanks Halmonie for looking after my girls! And we had a great weekend with friends consuming about a zillion calories.




4 comments:
I loved that Gelato place! They had flavors like "roasted garlic" and "wasabi". Your weekend sounded so fun...it really made me miss Vancouver. Who would have ever thought that I would be homesick for Vancouver???
I have heard about that gelato place, YUM!
Nice hot jeans chicki!
Glad to hear you had so much fun, told ya so! And that is awesome you got to catch up with some good friends! Hi Shannon and Jeff!!!
Kaili! How can you tell from those pics that those jeans are yours? I love them. I wear them all the time. I wish I had the energy to do laundry this morning so I can wear them again to Devika's bday party this afternoon.
Hey Audrey! We had a terrific weekend, and definitely the highlight was seeing you and James!!! Thanks for the prezzie...it's too cute! And thanks for taking us to the Pink Pearl. It was awesome - exactly how you mentioned it!
Shannon
Post a Comment