Sprinkler FunThe girls enjoyed their first afternoon of sprinkler fun at our friend's house. We are staying with these friends while our house is being completed. And the first day that we arrived, I got the girls in their bathing suits and we ran outside to the sprinklers. They didn't know what to do. They just looked blankly at it and asked me where the lake was. Too funny. They got totally spoiled living out at Ed's Place.

It didn't take long though for them to start running and squealing through the sprinklers.

Changing the topic completely I had a complete meltdown yesterday afternoon. In the middle of my meltdown I called Kaili as my voice of reason and she assured me that my decision to pack a few things up and stay at a hotel (for $180 a night) was NOT unreasonable and that I should do it. So I packed up the kids and some things (but didn't remember important things like pjs and underwear) and were in the car in ten minutes flat. I had the biggest lump in my throat from trying to not cry and then I couldn't help it but burst into tears. Which I then did again when I hit the craziest traffic heading onto the bridge. So with one unstable mama and 2 1/2 hours later we arrived. Phew somewhere familiar! And Kaili, Robin and Jaia came over with food! It was great to see them and for having something to eat. I felt maybe 25% normal. I have this HUGE blemish on my face and it won't go away. Totally stress related since I haven't had a blemish (ZIT) in years and years. Anyhow I am on my way to go and talk to the contractor this morning!!!! With the kids in tow. I have this whole conversation made up in my mind. James who knows me so well is a little nervous. I can tell. He kept saying last night...please don't piss them off. But I was like..who cares if I piss them off? It's not like they are our friends?!!!! But I will 1) BE FIRM 2) NOT CRY and 3) SOUND SANE. So if this blog is jumping all over the place, it's because that's what my mind is like these days. I want a firm answer to when our house is going to be ready and if I come across as the crazy wife....so be it. Again I have to remind myself...be firm...don't cry and sound sane.

7 comments:
Looks like lots of fun for the girls. Poor you! What a stressful time, but I'm glad you are going to have a chitchat. Need me to talk to him like he's a mechanic? :) Go get 'em tiger! Can't wait to see ya tonite!
Thats what happens when you hire white people! Asians would have that house done in a matter of days. "You giva me da planz... I geta ala my asian frenz and we hada dat house done like dinner!"
Notice all the cartoons on TV are high tech asians... or slow "Bob The Builder" types!!! I tell ya!
it is so nice to see your girls's pictures on the screen ,could hear their laughings.
you have a right to speak up and ask about the work schedules,
love you guys .
How stress you are such a hot day.
Only sweet kids are souce of your energy and happiness.
Be cool specially when you were in hot mood. Anyway time goes by.
Good for you...it's about time you say something to the builders. Enough is enough...you're on your 4th delay...and the house was originally supposed to be completed in February for God's sake! Hope you managed to not cry...although maybe you, Alex and Rachel all crying would make them feel like ass's and start feeling responsible.
Audrey,
So sorry to hear how much stress you're under. I really hope the house gets done when they say it will this time around. By they way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I tried to call Lina's place to wish you a happy birthday, but no one picked up. Guess you and the girls were out enjoying the nice weather. Hope you had a great day.
Sonia
JULY 19 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUDREY!!
Post a Comment