Saturday, July 01, 2006


Happy Canada Day!

I love living in this small town. Everything is so close that you can go and enjoy all the activities that are offered in the town.

Today we spent a couple of hours at the Park enjoying the Canada Day festivities. We listened to some 'interesting' bands play, and watched adorable little kids doing a demonstration of Tae Kwon Do. But definitley the highlight was eating up Shaved Ice Cones. The first time that the girls have ever tried them. And then I ordered up some hot little donuts (plain - without sugar - but equally delicious). James and I kept eyeing up all the food stands. The Indian restaurant, Navartan, even had a food stand open. But we had just had lunch together as a family at the Bench (a cute little bistro/store type of joint that serves delicious sandwiches and food) before we headed down to the park so we were already full.


It's really hot outside. So after a couple of hours of just walking around we have headed back home .....to ....that's right....go play in the cool refreshing lake.

Happy Canada Day Everyone.

3 comments:

Kaili said...

You went to the park without us??!?!?! I can't believe it! You better come out tonight too, or else....
Have fun at your BBQ you planned AFTER I invited you to the park to join us, whatever, ditch us, fine... :)

Joyce said...

Not to make you jealous or anything, but I am commenting from Mom's computer...she just squeezed me some fresh orange juice and fed me strawberries and blackberries...she says she's not spoiling ME...but spoiling the baby...

Shannon said...

Looks like too much fun Audrey. I love the photos of James swinging the girls. It's SO Norman Rockwell! How's our girl doing tonite? Poor little thing.