Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011

Santa Brunch on Friday afternoon. Delicious food, choir singing Christmas carols, and a Santa visit. It was a wonderful afternoon. Was wishing we could make it a tradition to go with the WHOLE family. Dreaming....

Christmas dinner was SO delicious. Cheers everyone!

Papa assembling doll house. Girls helping and excited. In their Christmas jammies (which they kept on all day long).
All dressed up for Christmas Eve mass. We were so blessed to be asked to light the advent candles during the mass as well as carry baby Jesus up to the altar. Well, Sophia was asked to carry baby Jesus up during the procession at the beginning of mass so we all accompanied her. I was so nervous that she would drop the heavy ceramic figure while walking up the aisle but she did great. The older girls participated by holding up the 'C' and the 'H' which spelled Christmas during the homily. Was a special night for our family. Halmoni was SO happy that we went to church and that her grandkids were participating in the mass.
Love Sophia's jacket. Thank you Sonia!

Love the matching gold outfits. Thank you Susan!
We have a tradition of letting the girls open 1 present on Christmas Eve. But they kind of modified the rules and opened 2 presents. One from each of the sisters to each other. So sweet. This is Rachel thanking Alex for her stuffed dog.
Halmoni came to B.C. without any hat and gloves. Or boots. She gave me the hint of what she wanted I guess. haha.
Love the pjs. I bought them at a craft fair. Reminds me of Little House on the Prairie for some reason.
Sophia's reaction to Alex's gift to her. A beautiful picture of the book,
The little Engine that Could, that Alex spent weeks working on.
A blessed Christmas 2011.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Audrey! Wow, what a beautiful time you guys had. Love the photos of your girls together. They're beautiful. Great to see your mom there celebrating with you.. I know it must be hard not to be together during this time so it's wonderful to see the Montreal connection there. lol.
I can't stop cracking up over Sophia's toe sticking out of her gold sock! haha.. Have a great holiday time off!

Sonia said...

I love the photo of you and the girls in matching gold outfits! Looks like everyone had a great time!

LOL I didn't even notice Sophia's toe until Chantale mentioned it.

Sophia looks awesome in her new jacket! So pretty! :D

Joyce said...

Ha ha ha...I noticed Sophia's sock right away too! Hilarious. LOVE ALL the pictures. Love Sophia's reaction to her gift from Alex. Love you guys in your matching dresses. Love their cozy jammies. Love the picture of mom. All amazing. Looks like you guys had so much fun.

love and miss you.

Shannon said...

Gorgeous photos!!! Everyone looks so happy and healthy and enjoying the season. Such fun events you participated in this year! Love it. Happy Christmas!!