June is a birthday month for us. The girls birthday comes first. It was really hard for Sophia to watch the girls celebrate their birthday. First they had a birthday party on Saturday (not the date of their real bday but the day of their party). They opened lots of presents. She didn't get any. So she sulked the whole time. She would cross her arms, go from couch to couch until she got sympathy from her sisters. They promised her that in just a few days it would be her birthday. So on Sunday morning, she wakes up and asks if it's her birthday? No Sophia. Just wait a couple of more days. Then Monday morning comes along and instead of it being her birthday, it's Alex and Rachel's real birthday. OMG the unfairness of it all. All the Happy Birthdays wished to her older sisters. The hugs and kisses they got. More presents. Sophia stood right in front of me and asked me, Please say Happy Birthday to me.
So finally yesterday was Sophia's 3rd birthday!! Woohoo! She was very excited. She wasn't feeling 100% though. Runny nose and symptoms of a cold. But we continued on with a party for her.
We rented a bouncy house. Sophia loved it. It was the smallest one that they had. It barely fit into our family room. Sophia loves jumping in her trampoline outside so I knew she would love the bouncy house. When I asked her this morning what her favorite part of her party was she said the jumping. :)


We had a friend's daughter come and help out at the party. She did face painting and animal balloons for the kids. Sophia did not want anything to do with the face painting though.

After eating this part of the cake, right before we were to open presents, Sophia threw up. Jeez, I was feeling so bad for her. Ran upstairs to take off her dress and clean her up. Then we proceeded with the presents. She was starting to fade but she perserved through opening her presents. Of course, this was the moment she was waiting for. haha



Happy 3rd Birthday Sweet Sophia!
5 comments:
That first picture is hilarious. She looks so genuinely heartbroken. Can you imagine if her birthday was a few WEEKS or MONTHS after her older sisters??? She could barely wait a few days!!!
The party looked so fun, despite the fact that she was sick. Fun bouncy house, face painting, yummy cake, balloons, and presents! Love the family picture.
Sophia ;looks like , you had a great time,I wish I was there I like the family picture most.
love you all.
halmonei
Happy Birthday sweet angel Sophia! I love that your parents fit a bouncy house INSIDE the house. I'm used to those being outside. Everything looks so pretty and fun and girly. I agree with Joyce - that first pic is priceless. Alex and Rachel are superstars for taking such awesome care of their little sis!
How is it that Sophia looks so adorable even when she is sad?
Such sweet sisters she has...that first picture is priceless!
Happy Birthday Sophia! I can't believe you're 3 now! What a fun birthday your mama planned for you! We can't wait to see you in August and give you all a late birthday hug!
Aw.. Happy belated Birthday sweet Sophia! So young of course she doesn't understand why her sister's had so many birthday wishes! lol. I'm so glad that Sophia had a wonderful birthday despite feeling under the weather. Isn't that always the case? Your birthday party comes around, so anticipated only to fall victim to being sick and everyone else but birthday girl really enjoys. lol. Happened to me so many times..
Your girls are so adorable!
Post a Comment