A few nights before Christmas, they opened their presents from Papa and I. Rachel's was a cool pop-up Charlie Brown book. Alex got the 12 days of Christmas - it was her favorite song to play all season long on the piano. Sophia got a Christmas book that plays different Christmas songs.

They were tortured of waiting for Christmas morning. haha. We went to Christmas Eve mass and when we got back they were allowed to open one present under the tree - it's been like that every year. Surprise, surprise, Rachel picked Alex's gift to open and vice versa. The twins were fighting over who's present Sophia was going to open so she got to open 2 gifts...one from each girl.
Then on Christmas morning they awoke with excitement and woke up every one else in the house. We rushed downstairs to the stockings. They were amazed that Santa had eaten their cookies and had filled their stockings and had brought gifts. They still believe in Santa! Awesome! I have friends who have actually told their kids that Santa doesn't exist. I want them to believe as long as possible because they are so innocent and happy right now. Once they 'grow up' they have to deal with school stress, job stress, mortgages, etc..... So as long as I can hold onto the excitement of Santa and stuff for the girls I will be happy.
So another Christmas come and gone. It was a good holiday but why oh why am I feeling so exhausted?!! haha. Tis the season, I guess.



8 comments:
SO cute! Merry Christmas! I want to hear all about it!! Hope you had fun! I can't believe the girls are into Archie already!?
Merry christmas to you all.you guys are sooooo so cute , miss you more and more.
I love you all.
hamonnei
Merry Christmas to everyone in your family! Hope you guys were merry merry merry!
p.s. is that a new painting that the girls are sitting in front of? it looks so pretty!
Merry Christmas!! I agree with Kaili...wow Archie already?!?
They just started liking Archie comics. I wonder what happened to all of my comics that I had as a kid.
Yes, Joyce, that is a new painting that we got as a gift. Pretty, eh?
haha..Sophia's face (holding her book) is priceless!
Aw, beautiful photos. I laughed at Sophia's pic holding her book. Awesome! lol. Those pop-up books are amazing aren't they? and I absolutely love the girls reading the Archie comics. Wow, brings back so many memories! Looks like you had a great time! Now it's time to recover.. ;p Happy New Year!
Happy Christmas and New year's! Looks like a fun-filled time, and so nice that James' parents came out! What has Rachel made with her blizzard maker? Too cool!
Post a Comment