James and I ran our first 5K this weekend. It was so much fun. I don't know why I was nervous about it beforehand but I was. I didn't know what to expect. There was tons of people and everyone was really positive and supportive. We both did better than we were expecting because of the excitement. Afterwards there was a kids' 1 mile race. Rachel wanted to run it but Alex didn't want to. I didn't want to push Alex into something she didn't want to do so Rachel ended up having a whole day with her parents all by herself (which has never happened before). We went for lunch after the races were done. We all had a great day.
Start of race video:
Good job Rachel!!!! So proud of you. After Alex saw the medal and heard about the special day she said that she wanted to join us the next race day. Yahoo.
I watched my friend complete the 10K and another friend complete the half marathon (21K) today. It was so exciting and inspiring. I am so pumped to try and train for a 10K now. I HATE exercising but LOVE the way I feel afterwards. So looking forward to the next race day. It's addictive.
5 comments:
Alright great job everyone!! I'm so glad to see that all three of you were able to do it together. It's so hard to do sometimes.. It's been 2 years I haven't been able to race because the mister wants to, and.. well, we don't have anyone to rely on to take care of K. So.. compromise. Rachel: What an amazing job! I'm really so impressed with all three of you. : ) Great weekend!
Hope you're all enjoying Thanksgiving too.
who are you and what did you do with my sister?!?
you want to train for the 10k??? is this something i'm going to copy you with, like the blue eyeshadow??? somehow i really don't think so.
but i'm SOOOO happy for you guys! it must have felt amazing crossing the finish line. tell rachel we say CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Chantal and Joyce: Let's do the Sun Run in Vancouver!!!! Sunday, April 17th, 2011. Last year 50,000 people participated. 50,000!!!!! It's the largest one in Canada and the 2nd largest in North America. It looks like so much energy and fun. Come on.
Good job guys! I agree Joyce, what the heck happened to Audrey? I remember dragging you up that bloody hill, with you moaning and complaining the whole way. And that was just a walk. Now you are running! Good job! I guess you owe it all to me!
That is awesome that James and Rachel joined you. Who watched the girls, or did you get super-strong duct tape for them?
I agree races are fun because of all the positive energy. I've run 3 10k's before my knees gave out on me. I'm going to do a 5km next September with a girlfriend, which might just be my limit. Oh, and the Mother's Day race is something I've wanted to do the past 2 years, so I guess my timeline has shortened for that 5km.
If you want an awesome 10km to run, you should do "Melissa's Road Race" in Banff. It is always sold out early, and the day is always sunny and beautiful. It's held in September every year, and you cannot beat the scenery. Just gorgeous! You should bring F. They also have a half marathon they race there too. And serious swag given out - tv's, trips, etc. Only $35 to enter I think. Give it some thought. You would not be disappointed with that race.
WOW!! Way to go to all 3 of you! I can't believe you all ran a race! J said he had, but I had brushed it off as him being silly (as usual).
Congrats Rachel!!
Post a Comment