Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloweek

* I just wanted to add this latest picture from tonight's party to the post. Total last minute run to the dollar store. When I told Alex that Halmoni would be surprised that she was a devil she got so concerned. Why? Oh because you know the devil is kind of mean. She had no clue what the devil was. She thought it was a character that sat on people's shoulder with the angel seated on the other side of the shoulder. But had no idea what they represented. haha. So she said that she didn't want to wear this costume again tomorrow night. But don't worry, Rachel said that she would trade costumes. haha **
When I was a kid Halloween was just one evening. I would think up a costume that very same afternoon and then wear that costume out that night for 2 or 3 hours. Nowadays Halloween is a week long event.
My girls and I have had many discussions about what their costume will be this year. I pleaded with them to be either a hotdog, hamburger and french fries trio. Or else, have Sophia be a little California roll sushi and the older girls be little geishas. Or else this idea I saw from Pottery Barn kids online....a milk carton, cookie and cupcake trio. But NOOOO, they have their own minds now and I can't seem to convince them that my idea for a trio that matches is a good idea. So... I had to give in. After all it's a kid's holiday - and it's not like I can force them into costumes that makes ME happy. Jeesh.
Sophia just fooling around with an old wig.
Peace. This has nothing to do with Halloween but I post pictures to make my mom happy.
Sophia sitting on someone's Christmas present. See what we do to your gifts before we give them to you. haha And I know that this someone doesn't read my blog.
Alex and Rachel got to dress up for their skating lesson yesterday and they BOTH wanted to be cats. How boring is that, eh? Oh well, I pleaded with them with no luck. We were doing some cat face painting getting them ready and Sophia wanted to join in. So that was the first time they got to dress up this week.
Then today at school the older girls got to wear their costumes. Rachel still wanted to be a cat. Alex changed her mind this morning because the make up made her itchy and she decided to be a magician. Lucky for us we had the costume from their 6th bday party.
Right after school we went to a Halloween party held at one of the schools for all the community kids. We went with Kaili and her boys. It was super fun. Sophia is a penguin. She just didn't want to put on the hat part.

The girls had fun doing arts and crafts and eating a hotdog and stuff like that. I think the best part for them was to see Kaili and the boys though.
They still have another Halloween party they are going to tomorrow night and then the actual trick or treating part on Sunday. Crazy! Sugar Sugar High!

6 comments:

Kaili said...

Was SO fun! Ya, Halloween for us as kids was ONE night, but it was GOOOOD! Making our costume, trick or treating, fireworks in our front yard then trading candy with friends the next morning! Awwww, the memories!
Was fun making fun memories together today!

Anonymous said...

hi girls you girls looking soooo cute.
is there anyway come to my place for treating?
miss all of you,
nise to see Kaily and her boys .
happy halloween
halmonei

Joyce said...

their costumes DO match! they are all black and white!!!

they are so so cute as a penguin, cat, and magician. how did their "best friends" costume turn out?

wish we could go trick or treating together...the kids would have so much fun!

Unknown said...

Ah kids.. always wanting to have their own way. Haha! I love your trio ideas, esp the hotdog, fries and hamburger one. heehee! But you know, whatever makes the girls comfortable dressing up, that's what counts right? I am loving the girls in their costumes! I wonder if they'll stick to it tomorrow night? Keira has changed her mind about a billion times already. Hey! It's not just 'halmoni' who loves these pics, I do too! Keep em coming Audrey.. my how the girls keep growing. Have fun tomorrow night!

Audrey said...

Joyce...it would be SO fun to have the whole gang go trick or treating. Maybe one day....if we win the lottery and all live in one city! I haven't made the 'best friends' costume yet. Tomorrow morning I will.

Chantal...my girls are changing their minds too on what their costume will be. I will see what they end up deciding on tomorrow night. Hope you guys have fun too.

Shannon said...

Holy Halloween Week! That is awesome and I love all the costumes. I like your trio ideas Audrey, but, yes, it is THEIR holiday. I can't believe you'd spend an afternoon thinking of a costume! WHAT? Halloween is my fave time of year. I still had decorations out even though we just got back yesterday. Next year will be insanely awesome. Happy Halloween girls!