Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Post Smorgasbord


It's been busy around here. This post should really have been several separate posts but it's coming at you all in one. We picked up Halmoni and Halmoni no. 2 in Vancouver last week and it's been a whirl wind visit since. We took the big red tour bus around the city for the first time ever. Went to the aquarium, Stanley Park and the Olympic flame. Then went on the Skytrain and visited Science World. Go go go...was basically the plan of action. With quiet down time at the pool and hot tub.




Then we stopped by Harrison Hot Springs for one night. The kids LOVED it.





Then back at home, the Halmonis tasted wine and hit some balls at the driving range. Throw in some ballet rehearsals and soccer practices, not to mention piano classes, and you get the picture. It's busy around here. But the good news is that the Halmonis are keeping us so well fed!







The sad part is that my dad would have loved all these things. The hot tub, the hot springs, Vancouver, watching the grandkids, golf, wine tasting, etc.... I feel like he would be happy that we were enjoying these things while thinking of him.

6 comments:

Joyce said...

LOVE all the pictures! I don't even know which ones to comment on...I love them all. Alex looks GORGEOUS with her makeup and ballet outfit. Mom and Mrs. Kim look so happy and relaxed! Love the pictures of them at the wine tasting and playing golf. Love the picture of the girls by the hottub. Love them all.

So happy that everyone is enjoying themselves.

P.S. YES Daddy LOVES all those things!

Kaili said...

Great post!
LOVE all the pics!
I too don't know which one I want to comment on. Love Alex all dolled up looking SO happy next to her sporty sis! LOVE the one of your Ma laughing when golfing, that must have been a blast!
Thanks again for including us in the Halmonie's visit! We had a great time! Nice to meet Halmonie no.2 so now I know WHO you are talking about!

Unknown said...

Wow! Ok first I have to say that both Halmonis look INCREDIBLE!!! What is their secret for looking so chic and young? Looks like such an incredible time, wish we had been there too (and added to the craziness, haha!). Love that your girls take so many activities. This is coming for Keira this year.
Is it me or does Sophia look just like your mom? lol! Hey, for all your complaining about eating junk food you sure don't show for it. You look HAWT! Your boyfriend too btw. ;p

Shannon said...

When I chatted to you the other day and you told me how much you had done already, I was exhausted. Now seeing the photos, I need a nap. So much fun! Both Halmonies look like they're having a great time, and they do look like they have a mischievous streak in them. ha ha. Alex looks like a stunning princess in her ballet outfit. And little Rachel looks rough and tumble in her soccer get up. Both look like they're enjoying their sports.

What a super fun break for all of you! have a blast for the rest of the weeks left!

Sonia said...

Looks like fun times you're all having. I agree, Alex is stunning and Rachel is so sporty.

Glad your mom and friend are having such fun. Your mom deserves it.

Shannon said...

Ummm...don't know if you are aware, but it's a new month and I can't help but notice you haven't posted in forever.