Anyhow in the midst of this... I keep running to my computer for some moments of solitude and peace. I find this pathetic somehow. That my kids are pining at me for me to cuddle them and I need a 'Facebook' escape. So I'm putting it out there in writing. I'm giving up Facebook for lent. Aahhhh...there I said it. It's official.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Cranky Mama
I'm sooooo cranky these days. Could be because 2 out of my 3 kids are sick. 1 (Rachel) with a confirmed case of viral pneumonia. The other (Sophia) with the exact same symptoms but we didn't bring her for chest xrays and bloodwork. Anyhow, I'm not very patient these days. It's hard when your kids are sick and they need you all day long. While I write this down, I feel more guilty. Of course, sick kids want to be near their mama. But when it is 24 hours a day NON STOP it gets really hard to deal. Especially when the little one is clinging onto your leg with a drippy nose, crying, wanting to nurse for the 100th time, when all you want to do is clean up the dishes off the messy counter so you can attempt to make a meal for your kids. I guess I would be a little more patient if I had some sleep and if my throat wasn't so sore. Whatever the kids have...it's eyeing me as the next victim. I can just feel it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'll keep you up to date on at least our "mutual" Facebook friends...
p.s. poor girls.
Oh the guilt! hahaha. Please, chuck it to the side Audrey! I know, I know so easy to say... so hard to do. Wish I could help out but I've got my own little hacking mess at home (oops, forced her to go back to school today). Why kids only want their mamas, I will never know. Hang in there girl! I really hope the girls get better soon. Viral pneumonia! that sounds scary. Hopefully, you can take a few hours, get out by yourself or your girlfriends and come home a little more refreshed. Just get the huz to care for the little 'uns while you go for a supper out yourself. GET.OUT.NOW. lol. Hang in there.. really feel for you!
hey Cranky Mama. Wish I was there to help you out with the kids, but happy we're not there so as not to get sick. Chantal's comment about getting out and having some fun is so ironic, seeing how that's what we were going to do! Anyhow, hopefully you can still get out with the girls and have a few laughs, but you might need rest more than anything. Hope everyone gets better soon so we can change our plans and come see you!!
take care!
Heh Audrey, for your sore throat....Kosher salt + water. You can use regular salt too. Gargle, gargle, gargle. As moms, we are not allowed to get sick. If you do, the whole entire household is going to get wacked out....hang in there. Completely understand your pain...... Love, Christina P
((Audrey)) Hang in there.
Once the kids are better you can hopefully pry Sophia off the boob and have a much deserved fun night out.
Wish we lived closer so we could take the kids off of you.
Joyce, don't do it! I am going to pester her about what she is missing on FB! Haha! I'm cool like that!
I hope you don't get sick!
Having sick kids is SO hard. Having a 3 yr old that doesn't listen is load of fun too! NOT!! That was my day! Holy crap, don't think he could have been any worse! Have fun at Apex!
Post a Comment