Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Friendly Visit

Our friends, Shannon & Jeff, came to visit us this past weekend.  It felt so surreal to see them again.  It was great having them here but sadly they wanted to go back to their home in Alberta.  I know, go figure.  It was great to see them and see beautiful Shannon GLOW from her pregnancy.  Alex and Rachel LOVE their visits since they usually include some great treat....like making angel food cake, cherry pie or ginger bread houses!  Sophia loved them too and we were joking that she would marry Malcolm (Shannon is having a boy!).  Shannon and I will be competing for coolest grandma title then.

p.s.  you just know they are good friends when I feel comfortable enough to wear my pink doggie pjs in their company!

11 comments:

Audrey said...

And I know I look completely crazy in this picture but it was the best one we took!

Anonymous said...

Sure, it is womderful relation.
Hope enjoy friendship.
I miss you all.

Grandfa

Joyce said...

I noticed your pj pants right away and pointed out the puppies to Hudson.

Friends like that are the best, eh?

Susan said...

Ok Audrey... why aren't James, Shannon & Jeff not wearing their pj's?!

Susan said...

p.s. Shannon you look fabulous!!

Audrey said...

The only clothes that really fit me is my pjs. It's a sad situation right now Susan.

Shannon said...

You said it Audrey. You are the crazy Grandma. I'll be the cool one. :0

Thanks again for the dinner and the company. It was fun seeing you and teasing you (as always). Jeff loves your thick skin.

P.S. I miss my daughter-in-law and the giggle pusses.

Shannon said...

P.S. It is a great family photo. We'll have to pull it out at the wedding and see how big the kids have gotten.

Susan said...

Ok Shannon, fess up! You just want free dental work for you, Jeff & MX for the rest of your lives!!!
p.s. I'm joking :)

Shannon said...

Susan, it was never "free." I used to make him lasagna as payment :)

And seeing how Dr Evil is the best dentist, I am positioning my boy for a good future with great teeth. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Audrey

where is Sophy/s new picture
I miss her a lot.

Grandfa