Wednesday, February 21, 2007


My Kids

Alright, Shannon, here I start my post with not much to talk about. I'm just thankful that we are healthy and able to go about our daily lives. It's been beautiful sunny weather here the last few days. The girls have been going to school and not complaining about it....in fact they are excited to go....which always makes things a lot easier. I just found out today that they will be going to preschool in the morning sessions starting from September which will be wonderful. I won't have to rush around in the morning trying to get them to lie down for a nap (Yes, my kids are one of the few 3 1/2 year olds that still take a daily nap), then fed and dressed for school. Our new schedule will look more like waking up in the morning, having breakfast, going to school and when they get back home have a relaxing lunch (as if any mealtime is relaxing with kids) and then they can go down for a nap if they are still napping then. Then we have the whole afternoon to do whatever we need to do.

The girls LOVE learning about the letters of the alphabet. They are always asking me what letter something starts with. And I'm constantly spelling out words so they can write it down on paper. They mostly get it right but sometimes they spell the letter backwards, like the letter 's' seems really hard for them. I know what my mom will think when she reads this....that I'm bragging about how smart my girls are. But what parent doesn't want to rave about their kids?

The weather is calling out my name and enticing me to start exercising/walking up the hill to my house. My girlfriend and I (yes, the other blond walking partner in my life) and I have a date to start our walking 7am on Monday morning. So Tobi and I will be getting our svelte figures back in shape. I was talking to James about maybe joining the new gym in town but realistically the membership would be a waste of money since I dislike going and would make up any excuse not to go. So the best thing is to just enjoy the outdoors and make exercise fun.

The Secret. Hear of it? Chances are good that you have if you watch Oprah. It's been a topic of the show for the last 2 weeks. People have interpreted it in many ways. How I understand it is that everything in life has energy. The whole world is made up of energy. And the energy that you portray is the kind of energy that will be attracted back to you. So if you are an individual that worries a lot and gives out stressful energy, guess what type of energy will be coming back at you? Stressful energy. Because according to the laws of attraction, like attracts like. So one should give out positive energy, to get positive energy in return. And it's also important to be grateful for your life and everything in it. Even the bad stuff. Because the good stuff and the bad stuff is what has created you to this point and brought you to this point in your life. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above. But I've been trying to live my life in a positive manner and trying to focus on what I want in life. Because you have to ask for what you want in life. So if I were my family back in Montreal/Ottawa/out east, I would be packing up my bags and selling my homes because I'm wishing for all of us to live in the same city (and since it's my wish you guys are all moving out here). I already picked out the house that you guys will be living in. Check it out here. And nothing that you want in life is out of reach. I have to just live my life believing that my wish will come true. Really believe it and live my life according to this and everything will eventually come my way. The Secret (DVD) told me this so I'm counting on this to be true. :)

7 comments:

Joyce said...

you have to SEND mail to GET mail...

Anonymous said...

Hey Audrey,

John from Vancouver here. I've been quietly reading your entries and I hope you keep them coming.

I don't watch Oprah nor have I ever heard of the 'Secret', but I came across a similar concept during a recent conference. I think there is a lot of merit in what you wrote - so you go and think those positive thoughts and live with the end goal in mind! I modified my thinking habits as well already.

All the best...

Anonymous said...

Hey Audrey,

See what happens when you just start writing? A huge blog entry! Cute pic of the girlies and pre-school sounds fun. Glad to hear you are walking again. I hope your new blonde replacement acts a drill sargent cause you always lagged at that one bend in the road.

Good luck following The Secret, although I think you are a pretty positive person. It sounds like all the same stuff Stephen Covey, Tony Robbins, The Bible, etc have been stating for years. You'll have to send me a "backup" so I can watch it.

Enjoy the sunny days!

Shannon

Anonymous said...

Yes, Joyce.....indeed you have to send mail to get mail. Those girls are geniuses.

John! So glad to hear from you. Thanks for leaving me a comment. Hope Mae is feeling good and eating up a storm.

Shannon. You did seem to walk faster when I needed to catch my breath. I didn't back it up. What you don't like my dumbed down version of it?

Anonymous said...

So your version is 2 hours condensed? That's it? Awesome! Save the postage and I'll just re-read. Thanks buddy!

Shannon

Anonymous said...

Dearest Sister...
The "dream" house is beautiful and Christian would love it due to the mere size of the kitchen!
Keep up the positive thoughts... Romy and I keep wishing that your girls will come to Montreal to learn french so whose wishing will win?!
xoxoxoxo

Kaili said...

I LOVE that house, where is it?
Thanks for updating your blog at least SOMEONE is! hehehe!