We hiked the Skookumchuck trail which was spectacular. It is 4km each way. The kids did great. They had more energy than I did. Sophia got to ride on Papa's shoulders when she got tired. When we got back to the hotel I had to lie down in bed for an hour. I was so dizzy from the winding roads getting back in the car. Plus I was wiped from the hike. The girls just kept playing and goofing.
At the end of the trail was the Skookumchuk narrows. The water is pushed through this inlet and pulled out again which cause it to look like the water is flowing in the wrong direction or it creates these whirlpools even on calm water days. It was the perfect place for a wonderful picnic lunch.
We went there with an old old family friend. We had the best visit with him and his family while we were in Sechelt. They couldn't have been any more gracious and hospitable with us. They were truly loving and wonderful.
Starfish in the water. Lot's of them.
The forest was incredible. I really can't remember the last time I went for a real hike in the woods. It was amazing smelling the forest, looking around at the vegetation and hearing the birds chirping away.
This is some pictures of last night's dinner. Our friends showed us special instruments and momentos from their world travels, mostly from Japan.
Picnic dinner outside. Their house is literally in the middle of the forest.
These are their steps. Everything is very rustic and charming. They have a zillion bird feeders and bird houses. All made with love from their father. He made a lot of the items from drift wood he found near the ocean. So crafty.
Our friends made 8 different kind of pizzas for us. SO delicious.
Pottery. Which I love. I bought a little bowl with a spoon. I'm going to always leave it on my table and leave hot sauce in it.
Lovely weekend on BC's Sunshine Coast.
No comments:
Post a Comment