Sunday, April 08, 2012

Easter 2012

Easter Egg hunt up at the ski hill. It was a first for us to look for eggs in snow. It's weird that it is completely spring weather in town but have so much snow just half an hour away. Kids had lots of fun. (BTW...BBQ hotdogs taste SO much better eaten outdoors).



Gorgeous spring skiing weather. Not that we skiied this weekend. We were too busy dipping Easter eggs in dye and eating our chocolates. This is the first year that Alex and Rachel figured out that there was no Easter bunny. They kept asking me lots of questions about the bunny. When I asked them why they were so curious this year, they asked me if the parents were the real bunny. So I confessed and they actually cried. They were so sad that it wasn't a bunny. Then after a few minutes, they asked if we were the tooth fairy as well. I said yes. They looked so incredibly sad. Then one of the girls asked about Santa....then they both said, never mind, don't answer that. Girls are growing up too fast. They were really cute about playing up the Easter bunny to Sophia though.



Went to Easter mass and then to brunch. It was lovely. The girls got to take their pictures with the Easter bunny, get some face painting done and eat lots and lots of dessert. (We gave up dessert for lent - so we have not devoured cake and such for 40 days). We had a busy fun filled weekend. We feel very blessed. Hope everyone enjoyed their Easter weekend.




4 comments:

Joyce said...

I can't believe they are grown up enough to question the Easter Bunny! But cute that they're young enough to cry about the truth too. And I absolutely love Alex's cardigan in the last picture. I would totally wear that!

Wish we could have celebrated with you.

Unknown said...

Oh, gulp! What questions. Sweet to see that they didn't ruin it for their little sister. I love the girls' bunny faces. They look so pretty!

Sonia said...

Aw man...it really sucks when they find out the truth. Hugs to all of you.

It looks like you had a wonderful Easter! I can't believe you had a hunt in the snow though! Crazy!

Shannon said...

Everyone looks gorgeous. So sad that they are grown up and know adults are liars :( Probably the hardest part of being a kid.