Life is good. Busy. I'm working a lot so the house is in shambles. The girls are all noisy and happy (and very messy!). How do full time working moms do it balancing work and home? Last week I fed Papa ramen for dinner one night and the girls pancakes. Because I didn't go grocery shopping and all the meat was frozen and I had a hungry family.

4 comments:
funky manicures! fun cupcakes! funny sophia!
miss you guys!
Isn't that what life's about? Messy homes, ramen meals, laughter, being together and cupcake decorating?? If not, I'm in big trouble cuz I rely way too much on my personal chef.. Mr Boyardee.
Your girls look fantastic!
The kids aren't going to remember the messy house or Daddy eating ramen, but they WILL remember the night mommy made special pancakes for dinner and the fun cupcakes they made.
Might I suggest the crockpot? I love making dinners in it on the days I'm too busy to cook.
Either prepare this the morning of or the night before and store it in fridge and pop it in the crockpot in the morning before you head off to work.
Wash and wrap (in foil) some potatoes and place at bottom of crockpot.
Rinse and pat dry whole chicken. Season chicken (I use minced garlic, olive oil, lemon rind, lawry's salt, pepper, oregano and sometimes rosemary) well and place onions and minced garlic in the cavity. You can also throw in other veggies into the cavity (celery, carrots, etc.) if you have time. Place chicken on top of potatoes.
Cook on low for 6 hours (if thawed) or 8 hours (if frozen).
Serve with the baked potatoes from the crockpot and/or steamed rice and side veggies.
Forgot to say, I also use paprika and fresh parsley (dry will work too).
Post a Comment