Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Back to School 2011


Back to school 2011!!! How in the world did that happen? All three girls have started school. Alex and Rachel were welcomed back to school with 6 girls all waiting by the school fence chanting, Alex! Rachel! Alex! Rachel! And then when they walked up to the schoolyard they all got into a group hug. What a great way to start off the school year. (And to think that I wanted to pull them out of this French school and put them into a Catholic school this fall. That's for a different post.)
Sophia started school this week. 1 hour on Tuesday. 1 hour today and then a full day (3 hours) tomorrow. I had so much anxiety about her starting school that I was physically sick. But the worry was for nothing. She pretty much forgot to kiss or hug me and walked right into her classroom. I was standing in the cloak room not sure what to do next. She turned back gave me a wave and turned back and walked in. Just like that my baby seems to have grown up and doesn't need me anymore. OK the last part is just an exageration but it sure felt that way when I walked out of the school. She has shed no tears about going to school. She is SO ready and so proud of herself that she has started school. I'm very proud of her.
Not only am I proud of her but her big sisters are super proud of her. They keep saying funny things like....I can't believe Sophia is already going to school! We all ask her a million questions about her day and what she did, who she played with, what she sang, etc.... She has a life outside of our home. Crazy how time flies by.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

O.M.G.!! Already all three girls going to school. I can't believe it either! Even having never met your girls, I sense how open and social they are.. I'm not surprised Sophia didn't look back and just went forward. She was probably like, "tada! i'm here! school can start now". haha! I love their back to school clothes.. What a terrific start to their school year! Now you can sigh a breath of relief Audrey. hehe..

Shannon said...

Holy cow, Sophia's in school??? Is that Preschool? She's amazing. I bet you were a sad Mama. And look at Rachel and Alex - so tall and beautiful and grown up! I remember when they were little squirts running into the office.

Sonia said...

I can't believe Sophia is going to school! Amazing how quickly they grow up!

Glad the girls had a fantastic first day at school! It's wonderful they have such a nice group of friends too!